A. Information You Provide to Us. When you sign up as a registered member of the Site (“Registered Member”), you must create a user account and provide certain personal information during the registration process and/or in connection with your use of the Site as described below:
● For Council Members and the Velocity Network. Paid subscribers to one of the membership organizations (collectively referred to herein as “Councils”) which we develop, maintain and support with our third party partners, and members of our Velocity Network, are permitted access to the Site. To set up your account profile, we ask you to provide your first and last name, mobile phone number and mobile provider, location, job title or role, biographical information, and details about your areas of interest and upcoming projects. We also give you the opportunity to upload a profile picture and connect to certain social media outlets, such as LinkedIn, in order to import information from your social media account.
● For Startups. We invite startups to join our Velocity Network and allow these startups to use the Site to connect with other Registered Members.
● For Everyone. Please be advised that if you contact us by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, in order to respond to you. Please also note that TTP reserves the right to delete information for Registered Members with free account status at any time.
B. Information We Collect About Your Interaction With The Site. We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Site without identifying you as an individual (“Anonymous Information”), by using cookies or other technologies. For example, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, and information about the device you are using (such as whether it is a mobile device or a desktop computer). We may use Anonymous Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons. Please refer to the “WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY TTP?” section below for more information about Anonymous Information collected by our Analytics Partners.
A. How We May Use Your Information. We may use the information we collect from and about you through the Site for any of the following purposes: (i) to operate the Site and to provide products and services to you, (ii) to evaluate your company for membership or participation in our Velocity Network or various startup challenges, (iii) to respond to your requests and inquiries, (iv) to contact you and to communicate with you in order to respond to your requests for additional information, (v) to send you newsletters, industry alerts, and updates about our organization, (vi) to notify you about important changes to the Site or our products and services, (vii) to review Site usage and operations and to improve the content and functionality of the Site, (viii) to protect the security or integrity of the Site or our organization, or (ix) to tailor the Site to your needs and the needs of other visitors.
B. How We May Share Your Information. TTP does not sell, lease or rent the personal information you share with us on or through the Site with third parties. However, we may share your personal information with one of our third party partner organizations in connection with your membership in one of our Councils, to facilitate that Council’s activities and functions, and generally to support our partner’s business activities. For clarity, your membership in any of our Councils is voluntary and we will only share your personal information with our partner associated with the Council you have chosen to join. Any such partner who receives your personal information from us may use that information for any purposes within their sole discretion. TTP may also disclose your personal information to third parties (i) as required by law or regulation or as we believe in good faith that disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to: (1) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (2) to respond to claims and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, (3) to protect and defend our rights or property and/or the rights or property of third parties, as permitted by law, or (4) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or (ii) with our service providers that provide certain services to maintain and operate the Site or to help us deliver products and services to you.
C. Direct Marketing. We may send out marketing communications (such as a newsletter) to subscribers of our Traction Report, to Council members, and to participants in our Velocity Network, in order to provide updates about our products and services, to discuss industry happenings and provide our commentary, and to announce upcoming events and opportunities. We will only use your personal data for direct marketing if you expressly give us consent to do so. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and/or communications with us.
E. Discussions. Our Site also allows Registered Members to post public questions and engage in open discussions with other Registered Members on the Site. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ANY IDEAS, OPINIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, DATA AND INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE ON OR THROUGH OUR SITE WHILE USING OUR PUBLIC MODE SETTING (REFER TO THE SECTION “PRIVACY CONTROLS” BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS SETTING) MAY BE SEEN BY US OR BY OTHER REGISTERED MEMBERS AND WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PROFILE NAME.
F. Privacy Controls. We encourage you to utilize the privacy controls available in your user account to establish how others can view and interact with you inside of the Site. In your user account, go to “Settings” and select the “Privacy” option and decide if you want to set your account to “Public Mode” or “Privacy Mode”:
● Public Mode allows any Registered Members within your Council to see your profile, who you follow, and all your other activities inside of the Site. For example, this means that your profile name and picture will be associated with any comments you post to a discussion thread or messages you send using our direct messaging tool.
● Private Mode limits what other Registered Members see about you, permitting them to view your profile information but not any of the activities that you perform inside of the Site. For example, this means that any comments you post to a discussion thread, or messages you send using our direct messaging tool, will appear from an “Anonymous Member”.
If you are a Registered Member, we provide an easy way via your user account profile for you to access, correct, update or remove personal information that has previously been provided to us. You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes at any time by logging in to your user account and clicking the “Settings” option in your personalized dashboard (or alternatively, click the “view profile” option and then “Edit Profile” button). If you are unable to edit your personal information by logging into your user account, please contact us for assistance at [email@example.com].
● “Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective website more efficient. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
● “Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device.
Our Analytics Partners may use these or other techniques to collect Anonymous Information about your visit to our Site. In order to make sure you understand how our Analytics Partners handle your information and how they interact with our Site, we have shared hyperlinks below to their policies. We encourage you to review these terms as TTP has no ability to control or monitor our Analytics Partners’ data collection or data use practices.
● Google Analytics — TTP partners with Google Analytics to provide insight into our Site. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
C. Third Party Advertising. We may present you with options on our Site or via email to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their tracking technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Site or link to them from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
At this time we will not send you notifications, alerts or other communications via text message.
TTP uses reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to secure the personal information you share with us. Regardless of the precautions taken by us or by you, no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personal information to us at your own risk.
TTP does not collect credit and debit card information on or through the Site and kindly asks you not to share this information with us when submitting requests for additional information.
In order to send you our newsletter and certain other communications, we use third party service providers and APIs. For example, these third-party services help us build contact lists, prepare communications for distribution, and host our website platform. Your personal information may be processed by these third-party services in order for us to utilize their tools.
You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other electronic communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a TTP message.
We do not intentionally gather information from individuals who are under the age of 13. Upon notification that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Site visitors who are California residents and who have provided us with "personal information" (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us by writing to: Traction Technology Partners, 603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101, New York, NY 10014.
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own personal information collected by TTP by writing to: Traction Technology Partners, 603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101, New York, NY 10014. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change.
Traction Technology Partners
603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101
New York, NY 10014.